Friday, March 29, 2013

Outlook 2010 in Wine on Arch Linux

I have been trying for WAY too long to get Outlook to connect to my exchange account under wine. This is mostly because I just can't seem to find anything else that works, I've been using Thunderbird but Meeting invitations don't appear in my Inbox. My "new message count" shows I have new messages, but there is nothing in my Inbox and there seem to be no plugins that can get it to work properly, plus I don't seem to be be able to get the exchange calendar to work.

Anyway, I finally figured out why Outlook running on Wine would not connect... My smb.conf file was missing. So the solution was....

# cp /etc/samba/smb.conf.default /etc/samba/smb.conf

And everything worked perfectly. I figured this out by the way by starting Outlook from command line with a bunch of overly complex options and seeing an error message saying that /etc/samba/smb.conf was missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment