Friday, November 30, 2012

Arbitrary screen capture in KDE


A nice post at floatingsun, explains how to get screen capture functionality in KDE similar to what you get with the Compiz screenshot plugin. Basically you set up shortcut and have it run the previously unknown to me application
kbackgroundsnapshot -region 

If you copy and paste from the linked website you will need to replace the hyphen with a "minus sign". Anyway, this command lets you select any screen region and puts a .png on your desktop.

In arch I had to install the kdegraphics-ksnapshot package.

It also locked up on me when I tried to press escape to exit without selecting anything, I had to CTRL+ALT+F1 and kill it from command line.

But that's one of the key things I've been missing from Compiz.

No comments:

Post a Comment