Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Blogilo blogging client

Note: I am posting this from the web client because Blogilo, after successfully submitting one initial post of "test" and then deleting it, has not successfully posted again. It did crash, so there may be some residual problems that need rebooted away.

I noticed I had a blogging application called "Blogilo" installed (it must come default with KDE or something). But I'm not crazy about web based interfaces for things I do often, so I decided to give it a try. 

Configuration was tricky, many people would have given up after the very simple configuration dialog repeatedly failed, but I found this post which explained things. 

You have to manually figure out the blogid, and get part of the URL used when editing posts...
After getting that to work, I tried to upload a post with an image, that didn't work either. It just said "uploading" forever.
Trying to fix that, I saved two posts I was working on "locally" at which point the application crashed and no posts were saved. 

I have tried again to "save locally" as well as click the "save as draft" checkbox when submitting, but I have seen no way to retrieve these drafts.

I have since been unable to get it to post anything and am getting an error whose "details" are:
An error occurred in the last transaction.
Server (Atom) error: Could not regexp the id out of the result.
So, this sucker is buggy. I'll give it another shot, but its not looking good so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment